Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Spoilers - Curious incident of a Dog in the night time

Below I present a few excerpts from the book, which is a must read -

Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about it.

I do not tell lies. Mother used to say that this was because I was a good person. But it is not because I am a good person. It is because I can't tell lies.

Mr.Jeavons said that I was a very clever boy. I said that I wasn't clever. I was just noticing how things were, and that wasn't clever. That was just being observant.Being clever was when you looked at how things were and used the evidence to work out something new.

I am going to find out who killed Wellington even though Father had told me to stay out of other people's business. This is because I do not always do what I am told. And this is because when people tell you what to do it is usually confusing and does not make sense. For ex.. people often say "be quiet", but they don't tell you how long to be quiet for. Or you see a sign which says KEEP OFF THE GRASS but it should say KEEP OFF THE GRASS AROUND THE SIGN or KEEP OFF THE GRASS IN THIS PARK.

RED HERRING - is a clue which makes you come to a wrong conclusion or something which looks like a clue but isn't.

What actually happens when you die is that your brain stops working and your body rots, like Rabbit did when he died and we buried him in the earth at the bottom of the garden. And all his molecules were broken down into other molecules and they went into the earth and were eaten by worms and went into the plants and if we go and dig in the same place in 10 yrs there will be nothing except his skeleton left. And in 1000 yrs even his skeleton will be gone. But that is alright because he is a part of the flowers and the apple tree and the hawthorn bush now.

2 comments:

Divesh said...

really cute... ab to jaldi hi padhni padegi

Monica Gulati said...

I am getting you one at the Airport man!!! No matter how I reach there, but am gonna deliver this one for you!! :) See you soon!