Thursday, August 20, 2009

Who are we without .. ?

What does it mean to be happy, delighted? Do I feel delighted all the time? Mostly.. But many a times, not!
Whats wrong if my plan is to be in a DELIGHTED state all through my life? I choose my way of being. I have the freedom to Be. But I understand that along with that freedom, comes enormous responsibility of respecting others' freedom too. And who am I anyways, if people around me feel that their freedom has been encroached. We human beings, although many a times fail to realize, are nothing without other human beings around. What is a leader without any audience who is interested in listening to him. What is a Father, without any children to take care of. What is a Mother, without any kids to pour out her love upon. What is a King, without a population of civilians who respect and honor him?
So, when we know we are listened to, we feel respected and powerful, we feel we should create something for common good. Without a miss, and many a times secretively, we human beings yearn to be listened to. But if we see the present World scenario, we are the destroyers of our own power, respect and worth. This is how it is carried out-
I take a position to which I have arrived through my experiences, prejudices etc. From that position I hear others, in a discussion. Am I able to actually Listen?? Or what is going on in my head is - how to make my position correct, and to prove others wrong in some articulate way..
Am I actually listening? NO way! My windows to listening have been closed since such a long time that they have started making noises, if opened, and rust has deposited on them.
If I now, owing to a sudden insight - open the windows a little - and try to listen to variety of views without any scratch on the plate of my mind, what am I making possible?
To be continued ......

1 comment:

Divesh said...

ye padh ke aap ki hi kahi hui (during those long walk sessions :D) ek baat yaad aayi

"There was a time when I couldn't be comfortable with most people. Then their came a time when I was no one. And then I could be with everyone."

The answer lies in the question itself :)